The Custom Home Building Process
Building your custom home should be a pleasure, not a disorganized cluster of to-do lists and tedious decisions. We want to ensure that the entire home building process is stress-free and enjoyable, so we sit down and work with you, one-on-one, to design the perfect home to suit your lifestyle. We ensure that you know exactly what to expect during each stage of the building process keeping you informed and involved from start to finish.
Built-Rite Homes takes you through the following process when building your custom home...
- First meeting with Built-Rite Homes to talk about your vision for your new home. This will include a review of your lot details and house plan ideas if not already decided upon. We can start with a "blank slate" or help you advise you on a lot selection or choose from our large inventory of home plans which can be modified to suit your vision
- Clearly define the scope of work and establish preliminary detailed specifications
- Once plans and specs are finalized we will price the home out to give you an accurate, firm price based on your established vision
- A formal Construction Agreement will be prepared and signed following your review. This agreement will formalize such details as construction timing, payment schedules, specification schedules as to ensure a mutual understanding of the project
- Built-Rite Homes will collect documents required for submittal the Building Permit Application
- Once the Building Permit is ready we will schedule our Pre-Construction Meeting - at this meeting we will review the project going forward including mutual expectations and dates. Our goal is to manage your project to ensure a smooth, stress-free and enjoyable project. Customers will receive a "Customer Decisions List" which is your "road map" for the project, outlining timing of decisions need to be made in order to keep the project on time and have these selections and materials available when needed in order to stay on-schedule. These decisions are made throughout the building process with the assistance of our project team.
- As the construction of your new home begins, you will be surprised as to how quickly and efficiently things come together as we commence the following activities:
- During construction our team will be in constant communication with you to discuss every aspect of your build
- At lock-up (after the framing has been completed and windows and doors are installed) Built-Rite Homes will meet with the customer at the house to go over many details including cabinet and electrical layouts, framing requests or changes, fireplace built-ins, exterior details, and any other custom details such as lighting, heated floors, custom built-ins, audio-visual to name a few.
- Following the lock-up meeting we will continue with all construction activities and installations including:
- Cabinets and countertops
- Interior Finishing (painting, shelving, railings etc)
- Before you realize it your custom home will be complete - ON TIME AND ON BUDGET and a final inspection and pre-delivery inspection will take place
- Then....we hand over the keys to your new custom home...time to enjoy all your hard work!